Thursday 9 April 2009

#31 First Look At Sandy Collora’s Sci-Fi Debut!

If you a gamer and want the latest gaming news check out my fairly new blog New Game Blog. Updated alongside New Film Blog with the latest and greatest things going on with gaming! And no biases opinions! Warning no fanboys allowed in!

Before you ask, who the hell Sandy Collora is, you should watch this…

Batman Dead End

…that is what he is most know for, Batman vs. Alien vs. Predator. When I first saw this I was confused. But it’s a fan film, plain and simple. Anyways back on track, Collora’s new project Hunter Prey is looking amazing. AMAZING. For some reason I have gone crazy for this film. From the stills and the trailer I am just really exited for this.

In an interview with io9.com (I had never heard of it as well) Collora gave us the low down-

Sandy Collora: “At its core, this is a picture about survival. Being able to adapt to your surroundings and persevere, to survive at all costs and prevail against incredible odds to complete an objective. That's something that I've had some experience dealing with in my own life and career, so there were a lot of personal feelings and emotions to draw from. The film centers around a crew of special forces commandos who must recapture an alien prisoner that has escaped after the military transport ship carrying it crashes on a desolate and hostile planet.”

Now what does this sound like? Oh that’s right Pitch Black! I loved that film and Hunter Prey looks like a mix of Pitch Black + Star Wars + Battlestar Galactica. If this is the case it will be sweet. I’m going to keep a look out for this and I think Sci-Fi fans should as well. I think this will work because like Pitch Black the Sci-Fi bit of it wasn’t rammed down our throats.


For the teaser it is below along with the interview from io9. Check them both out!

Hunter Prey HD Teaser


First Look At Fan Auteur, Sandy Collora’s ‘Hunter Prey’

Oliver Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment