Monday 31 August 2009

#45 Top Fifteen Comedies

Firstly for the three or four people who read my blog it’s going to become a weekly think. Every Monday around five is when they will go up. If I choose not to do one I will leave a comment saying so.
Recently I have gone cuckoo for comedies because of my latest script and the recent release of Judd Apatow’s new film Funny People. So I thought why not do my top ten comedy list. Then that became to hard so I decided so I made it top fifteen. Why not hay? So here it is.

15. South Park Big Louder & Uncut
Quote – “You're such a pig-fucker, Phillip!”

14. Knocked Up
Quote - “Did you hear that? He’s going to rear your child.”
13. There’s Something About Mary
Quote – “Have you got my ball?”

12. Borat
Quote – “He was a real chocolate face, no make-up”

11. Shaun Of the Dead
Quote - “Who died and made you fucking king of the zombies?”

10 Airplane
Quote – “I am and don’t call me Surely.”

9. Team America
Quote - “AMERICA, FUCK YEAH”

8. Superbad
Quote - “McLovin, I’m sorry I cock blocked you...we should be guiding your cock, not blocking it” 7. Clerks
Quote - “I’m not even suppose to be here today.”

6. Anchorman
Quote – “Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.”

5 The Blues Brothers
Quote – “It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.”

4. Clerks 2
Quote – “The fucks Pillowpants?”

3. This is Spinal Tap
Quote – “Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?”

2. The Big Lebowski
Quote – “You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.”

1. Monty Python Holy Grail
Quote – “You must cut down the tallest tree in the woods will a Herring.”
Do you agree? Or disagree? Leave a comment of some of your favourite comedies.

Oliver J. Hunt

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I would have liked to see Superbad higher up though. :)

    ReplyDelete